Antique Alfred Schickerling Sterling Silver BPOE Card Holder Pat. 1913
Sorry, this item is out of stock
- This Sterling Silver Elks Club Membership Card Holder was designed by Alfred Schickerling Jewel Co. of New York who specialized in manufacturing accessories and jewelry for the organization.
- The front panel has a raised impression of an Elk along with an enamel clock signifying the "11 O'clock toast" which is situated right below the organizations initials BPOE (Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks).
- Has a Champagne Script Monogram on the back panel.
- The case has a "watch style" push button release and features sterling cutouts with the initials BPOE on the interior of the case along with the Alfred Schickerling Jewel Company hallmarks and patent and sterling markings.
- Condition: Good -the initial B interior cutout has a slight bend at the top edge but all the other lettering inside the case is in good condition. The case opens and closes flush and the push button release is in perfect working condition. The front of the case is in very good condition with minimal scratches but the back of the case has some dings and a fair amount of scratches (see photo)
- Size: approx 2 x 1/1/2"
- Weight: 1.1 oz
SALT RIVER COLLECTIBLES CONDITION RATINGS
For our customers convenience we have adopted standardized condition ratings for our products. Condition ratings provide piece of mind and are a fast and reliable way to determine the condition of an item which can be viewed in the "More Info" tab on the product description page.
The definitions of our condition standards are as follows:
EXCELLENT - Item shows no visible imperfections or blemishes with little or no signs of wear and has not had any repairs or restoration performed.
GOOD - Item shows some signs of normal wear consistent with the age and handling of the item and may have some minor imperfections such as light scratches, dings or fading.
FAIR - Item shows more noticeable imperfections such as chips, cracks and may have been touched up or repaired or is missing a component.
Note: Some of the Vintage Sterling Silver items offered for sell on our website have been cleaned or polished by the previous owners and some have not. Due to the varying schools of thought concerning cleaning Vintage Sterling Silver we do not clean or polish any of these type of items and instead choose to leave that decision in the hands of our customers.