Whiting Mfg Co. Sterling Silver Card Holder w/ Original Case c. 1880's
Salt River Collectibles
Sorry, this item is out of stock
- Antique Sterling Silver Card Holder w/ Original Case
- Features Classical Victorian Style done in Repousse Design
- Engraved to Mrs. Kate M. Doty
- Made by Whiting Manufacturing
- Circa 1880's
- Stamped and Hallmarked Sterling
- Condition: Good - has some light scratching and a small ding on one of the corners that can be seen in the photo but is in overall good shape for its age.
- Hinge and lid are both in good working order and lid closes tight and flush.
- Case is in fair shape, the lining is loose and spine of the case is little thin.
- Will hold up to 3 modern size credit cards
- Size: 2 1/2 x 3 1/4 "
- Weight: 52 grams
SALT RIVER COLLECTIBLES CONDITION RATINGS
For our customers convenience we have adopted standardized condition ratings for our products. Condition ratings provide piece of mind and are a fast and reliable way to determine the condition of an item which can be viewed in the "More Info" tab on the product description page.
The definitions of our condition standards are as follows:
EXCELLENT - Item shows no visible imperfections or blemishes with little or no signs of wear and has not had any repairs or restoration performed.
GOOD - Item shows some signs of normal wear consistent with the age and handling of the item and may have some minor imperfections such as light scratches, dings or fading.
FAIR - Item shows more noticeable imperfections such as chips, cracks and may have been touched up or repaired or is missing a component.
Note: Some of the Vintage Sterling Silver items offered for sell on our website have been cleaned or polished by the previous owners and some have not. Due to the varying schools of thought concerning cleaning Vintage Sterling Silver we do not clean or polish any of these type of items and instead choose to leave that decision in the hands of our customers.