Antique Sterling Silver Match Safe/Vesta with Hidden Photo Compartment
- This Early 1900's Sterling Silver Vesta has Hidden Photo Compartment and Features a Beautiful Art Nouveau Repousse Scroll Design with Gilded Interior and has a Monogrammed Cartouche on the front with a Blank Cartouche on the other.
- The hidden photo compartment is spring loaded and is opened easily by using your thumbnail to push on the area right below the monogramed cartouche.
- Item is stamped Sterling and has PAT Jan 10 99 stamped on the inside compartment area.
- Made by Battin & Co. - Newark, NJ
- Circa 1899 - 1922
- Condition: Good - item has some light scratches on cartouche areas and some tiny dings but no major blemishes and the seams are all in great condition. The lid assembly is in nice working condition and both lids shut tight and flush.
- The photo compartment lid is easily opened by using your thumbnail to press down on the area just below the cartouche right below the two dots and the single dot.
- Size: 2 1/2 x 1 1/2"
- Weight: approx. 1 oz
SALT RIVER COLLECTIBLES CONDITION RATINGS
For our customers convenience we have adopted standardized condition ratings for our products. Condition ratings provide piece of mind and are a fast and reliable way to determine the condition of an item which can be viewed in the "More Info" tab on the product description page.
The definitions of our condition standards are as follows:
EXCELLENT - Item shows no visible imperfections or blemishes with little or no signs of wear and has not had any repairs or restoration performed.
GOOD - Item shows some signs of normal wear consistent with the age and handling of the item and may have some minor imperfections such as light scratches, dings or fading.
FAIR - Item shows more noticeable imperfections such as chips, cracks and may have been touched up or repaired or is missing a component.
Note: Some of the Vintage Sterling Silver items offered for sell on our website have been cleaned or polished by the previous owners and some have not. Due to the varying schools of thought concerning cleaning Vintage Sterling Silver we do not clean or polish any of these type of items and instead choose to leave that decision in the hands of our customers.