Antique Sterling Silver Vesta Case and Sovereign Coin Holder c. 1901
- Antique Sterling Silver Vesta Case and Sovereign Coin Holder
- Case Features Beautifully Etched Victorian Scroll Design with Gilded Interior
- Has Match Strike on Top Lid
- Non- Monogrammed Cartouche
- Made by Cornelius Desormeaux Sanders & James Francis Shephard
- Stamped and Hallmarked - Birmingham 1901
- Condition: Good - the case has some light scratching and a couple of tiny dings in the cartouche area consistent with normal use for its age and does have some tiny tarnish spots around the bottom rear edges of the case.
- The hinges on the are in perfect working order and both lids are flush and aligned when closed.
- Coin holder latch operates fine but does need to be pressed firmly to open.
- Size: 2 1/2 x 1 "
- Weight: 1.2 oz
SALT RIVER COLLECTIBLES CONDITION RATINGS
For our customers convenience we have adopted standardized condition ratings for our products. Condition ratings provide piece of mind and are a fast and reliable way to determine the condition of an item which can be viewed in the "More Info" tab on the product description page.
The definitions of our condition standards are as follows:
EXCELLENT - Item shows no visible imperfections or blemishes with little or no signs of wear and has not had any repairs or restoration performed.
GOOD - Item shows some signs of normal wear consistent with the age and handling of the item and may have some minor imperfections such as light scratches, dings or fading.
FAIR - Item shows more noticeable imperfections such as chips, cracks and may have been touched up or repaired or is missing a component.
Note: Some of the Vintage Sterling Silver items offered for sell on our website have been cleaned or polished by the previous owners and some have not. Due to the varying schools of thought concerning cleaning Vintage Sterling Silver we do not clean or polish any of these type of items and instead choose to leave that decision in the hands of our customers.